Hi guys, hope you have been enjoying your break. Today I would be sharing an easy spaghetti recipe and I do hope you get to try it.
Spaghetti Bolognese is an Italian Cuisine that originates from the beautiful city of Bologna. While the fancy name might make it seem like a difficult cuisine, it is really good old plain spaghetti cooked and tossed in a flavourful combination of minced meat, tomatoes and spices. This sauce doesn’t take forever to prepare and the delicious meat clusters make it a meal that you would definitely enjoy. The ingredients are easily sauced and the bolognese sauce can be used to eat other foods like rice, plantain, potatoes etc.
2. Minced meat (you can buy this at the grocery store or improvise by cooking a piece of beef till soft and then blending in a blender)
3. Tomato paste or blended tomatoes
4. Fresh Tomatoes (sliced)
5. Green pepper
6. Seasoning; Curry, thyme, Maggi cubes
8. Bay leaf (optional)
9. Dried pepper
- Parboil your spaghetti, drain and set aside.
- In another pot, add vegetable oil, onions, green pepper, tomato paste and all the seasoning including bay leaf and let it fry well.
- Add the minced meat and stir.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover to cook for at least 10 minutes. Add a bit more water if needed.
- Once cooked, you will get a thick looking sauce. Check for taste and bring down.
- Mix your bolognese sauce with the spaghetti by pouring the sauce into the pot of spaghetti
- Set on medium heat, stir well and allow to simmer for a few minutes and bring down
And Voilá, your Spaghetti Bolognese is ready. Thanks for reading. I really do hope you try it and I’m sure you would enjoy it. See you next time.